The general process for youth is a one-year process.
Candidates will begin attending Confirmation classes, separate from Youth Group. They will continue to attend Youth Group and other Youth Group activities. Sponsors of the candidates are asked to attend some of the Confirmation Classes with their candidate. A schedule is given out at the beginning of each year’s Confirmation class.
To be eligible for Confirmation this year, youth must meet the following requirements:
- Have been attending youth group meetings during the 2022-2023 school year, or were attending a Catholic School. The youth group requirement can be waived if involved in Church on a regular basis as an altar server, choir member, hospitality minister, or assisting with a social outreach program at St. Brendan. Each candidate for Confirmation will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- Will be age 13 on the day of Confirmation Mass in May (exceptions can be granted, but involve additional requirements).
- Must concurrently attend our youth groups on a regular basis.
- Fill out and return the Registration Form by the first Confirmation class. Sponsor Verification Form is due by January 23, along with all of the other forms and fee.
Confirmation is celebrated in a Mass to which the whole community is invited.
The Adult Faith Formation program covers Confirmation for adults. Please see the Adult Faith Formation page for more information.
Confirmation classes will begin on Monday, October 10th at 6:30PM until 8PM in the Narthex. It will be a parent meeting for everyone to be able to turn in paperwork, meet the team, and ask me any questions they may have! Registration form is due on October 10th. There are hard copies available at the parish office and digital copies above.
Classes will be every Monday (unless otherwise stated). Here is the Confirmation Schedule for the entire year. No classes on the Mondays following a holiday.
Classes are from 6:30PM to 8PM. Please pick up your child promptly by end time.
Confirmation mass will be around May-early June. We are still waiting on the archdiocese to release confirmation mass dates for all the parishes.
- All in-person, not hybrid – masks required
- Start date: October 10, End date: End of May(ish)
- Age group: 13+
If you are interested in volunteering this year (or know of someone looking to get some volunteer hours in), please email me (individually). If you cannot commit to coming to class every Monday, I don’t mind if you volunteer just to come in and do some talks since there are a lot of topics.
- Group Discussion Leads
- Speaker (do a talk)
- Sign in
- Food/Snack distribution
- Set up/Clean Up
All paperwork (copy of Baptismal certificate, copy of First communion certificate, Registration form, sponsor verification form, $120 class payment) is due January 23.
If you need additional copies of paperwork, Margaret brings extra copies to every class.
Mandatory confirmation retreat TBD.
Palanca letters are due by TBD via email or hard copy dropped off at parish office.
Mandatory Sponsor meetings are on: (contact Margaret if there are scheduling issues).
Best way to contact Margaret is via email email@example.com. Contact her if you have any questions.
Specific dates for the Rehearsal, and Confirmation Mass will be set at a later date.
Confirmation, together with Baptism and Eucharist, form the Sacraments of Initiation that are all intimately connected. In the Sacrament of Confirmation, the baptized person is “sealed with the gift of the Holy Spirit” and is strengthened for service to the Body of Christ.