The general process for youth is a one-year process.
Candidates will begin attending Confirmation classes, separate from Youth Group. They will continue to attend Youth Group and other Youth Group activities. Sponsors of the candidates are asked to attend some of the Confirmation Classes with their candidate. A schedule is given out at the beginning of each year’s Confirmation class.
To be eligible for Confirmation this year, youth must meet the following requirements:
- Have been attending youth group meetings during the 2020-2021 school year, or were attending a Catholic School. The youth group requirement can be waived if involved in Church on a regular basis as an altar server, choir member, hospitality minister, or assisting with a social outreach program at St. Brendan. Each candidate for Confirmation will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- Will be age 13 on the day of Confirmation Mass (exceptions can be granted, but involve additional requirements).
- Must concurrently attend our youth groups on a regular basis.
- Fill out and return the Registration Form by the first Confirmation class.
Confirmation is celebrated in a Mass to which the whole community is invited.
The Adult Faith Formation program covers Confirmation for adults. Please see the Adult Faith Formation page for more information.
Classes begin November 9th (Parent ONLY meeting), first class for students will be on November 16th. Classes are on Mondays from 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm. Registration is now open.
Please email Margaret with the name and age of your teen so that she may have an idea how many students she will be having this year.
- Last day to register for Confirmation classes is November 8th. All registered students are required to attend classes from Nov 16th and onward until confirmation mass. Classes are every Monday unless stated otherwise on the schedule.
- All paperwork (copy of Baptismal certificate, copy of First communion certificate, Registration form, sponsor verification form, $120 class payment) is due February 22nd.
- If you need additional copies of paperwork, Margaret brings extra copies to every class.
- Mandatory confirmation retreat is TBD at TBD.
- Palanca letters are due by TBD via email or hard copy dropped off at parish office.
- Mandatory Sponsor meetings are on: (contact Margaret if there are scheduling issues).
- Best way to contact Margaret is via email email@example.com. Contact her if you have any questions.
Specific dates for the Rehearsal, and Confirmation Mass will be set at a later date.
Confirmation, together with Baptism and Eucharist, form the Sacraments of Initiation that are all intimately connected. In the Sacrament of Confirmation, the baptized person is “sealed with the gift of the Holy Spirit” and is strengthened for service to the Body of Christ.